Given his experience as a 39-year law enforcement professional with 20 years as a police executive (including Chief of Police and University Security Director), John S. Bukata and Bukata & Associates can provide clients with authoritative, evidenced-based solutions to improve the organizations delivery of services.
Considering staffing levels are consistently short and your organizations responsibilities continue to increase without additional staffing, Bukata & Associates offers to develop and maintain your agencies administrative responsibilities so you can maximize visibility in the community. Each of our members have extensive experience in administrative responsibilities for police departments and/or College/University security.
Further, John S. Bukata has active memberships with the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) – Life Member, Florida Police Chiefs Association (FPCA), American Association of Industrial Security (ASIS), Broward County Chiefs of Police Association, FBI National Academy Associates, and the FBI Law Enforcement Executive Development Association. John S. Bukata maintains up-to-date and current knowledge base through his membership with the previously mentioned associations and through his continuing participation as an active law enforcement officer.
Bukata & Associates can assist any law enforcement agency with its various challenges to include, but not limited to;
- Administration to include budgeting, facility maintenance, fleet maintenance and quartermaster.
- Community Policing Concepts.
- Crime Prevention.
- Crime Scene Investigation.
- Criminal Investigations procedures.
- Discipline and Remediation.
- Evidence Storage and Handling processes.
- Human Resources – Hiring and Retention processes
- Internal Affairs or Professional Standards investigations.
- Interviews and Interrogations.
- Law Enforcement Accreditation.
- Negligent Hiring issues.
- Negligent Retention issues.
- Officer Involved Shootings.
- Organizational Assessments both on a macro level and a micro level.
- Policy and procedures review and creation.
- Public and Media relations.
- Pursuit Policies.
- Search and Seizure protocols.
- Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) procedures.
- Strategic Planning.
- Uniform Patrol.
- Union Contract review.
- Use of force, both lethal and less-lethal.